If you'd like to know more about how we collect, maintain and use your personal information, more detail is below.
What Information We Collect and How We Use It
In the course of working with clients, and marketing to potential customers, we collect certain information, including:
- Your name, for the purpose of personalizing email and web communications with you.
- Your email address, for communicating with you by email, either directly, or a as a member of our mailing list. This may include marketing communications from Coaching Tree, but we will never sell or rent your email address to a third party for use in their marketing activities. Your email address may be shared with an external mailing list service we use to send out marketing communications, but this company has guaranteed us that they will never rent or sell or your information, as well. If you become a client, we also use your email address to correspond with you about administrative matters, including billing, invoices and payment statements. We do not provide your phone number to third parties, unless it is subpoenaed or otherwise required by law or law enforcement agencies.
- Your phone number. We request your phone number as an optional field on our contact form. We use this information to contact you for sales purposes only if you indicate that you prefer to be contacted by telephone. If you become a client, we use this information to contact you about administrative matters, including billing, and scheduling issues. We do not provide your phone number to third parties, unless it is subpoenaed or otherwise required by law or law enforcement agencies.
- Your street address. We collect this information as an optional field on our contact form. We use this information to contact you for sales purposes if you indicate that you prefer to be contacted by mail. If you become a client of Coaching Tree, we will use your address to correspond with you if you prefer postal mail over email communications, as well as for billing purposes. We do not provide your street address to third parties, unless it is subpoenaed or otherwise required by law or law enforcement agencies.
- Your credit card information. We collect your credit card number, expiration date, name (as printed on card) and billing address in order to process payments. This information is retained in hard copy (i.e. on paper) while you are a client, and is shredded as soon as your business relationship with Coaching Tree is terminated. Your payments are processed through a PCI Certified third-party payment processor. This company maintains your payment information in an encrypted state (both in transit and in storage) for the purposes of processing periodic payments for services. This information is destroyed immediately by our payment processor when your business relationship with Coaching Tree ends. Your payment details (credit card number and expiration date) are deleted from our systems as soon as they have been entered into our payment processor's systems, and are not stored electronically by Coaching Tree thereafter.
How You Can Control Your Information
Changing Information On File With Coaching Tree
Whether you are a client of Coaching Tree or not, you may make changes or updates the information we have on file for you at any time. Under certain circumstances, we may request updates from you, for example, if we're billing you periodically for products or services, and your credit card is about to expire.
- Updating Contact Information - you may change any of the contact information you have on file with us (name, email address, phone number or street address) by sending an email to your coach or email@example.com. Please allow 5 business days for such changes to take effect.
- Updating Payment Information - From time to time, you may need to update your payment information (e.g. credit card number and expiration date) on file with us. For your own security, please do not send us payment information by email. Please request a replacement payment agreement form and fax it to us at the number on the form.
- Updating Your Email Address Our Mailing List - our mailing list provides you the capability to update your information in our database at any time. If you no longer have the instructions for doing so, please simply notify firstname.lastname@example.org that you would like your address changed in our mailing list system.
Requesting That We Remove Your Information From Our Records
Please note that if you are a client of Coaching Tree, we require certain information to maintain our business relationship with you and process payments (e.g. your payment information, address, phone number and email address).
- Removing Your Address From Our Mailing List - Whether you are a client or not, you may be removed from our mailing list at any time. We use this list both for marketing and to send you our monthly newsletter, Branching Out. To remove yourself from our mailing list, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every message we send. Removal requests you make through these unsubscribe links are effective immediately. If you have trouble removing yourself from our mailing list, please contact email@example.com and simply ask to be removed manually (don't forget to include your email address!). Manual removal requests may take up to 5 business days to process, during which time you may receive additional messages sent to our mailing list.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit an inquiry through web-based contact form.
Effective Date: 8/1/2010